For so long, virtual private networks have been widely used to have an anonymous and private internet connection. VPN services allow access to geo-blocked content, which helps internet users break free of geo-restrictions and high censorship. On top of that, VPN services will enable you to take advantage of discounts in other regions. Here’s how it happens.
A VPN service hides your real IP address, which is the first indication of your geographical location. Instead of showing it, a VPN service indicates that you use a different IP address from a different geographical location. By doing so, you can change your IP address by choosing a server in a location of your choice and make use of whatever discounts are available in that certain region.
What to Look for in a VPN Service to Save Money?
But how to choose a VPN service that allows you to benefit from discounts in any other region? According to Several.com experts, you can pay attention to the following features if you aim to save money:
- A decent number of servers and a good distribution: If you aim to save money by changing your IP address to any region with discounts, you need to check the number of servers provided by a certain VPN server. The more servers you have, the better discounts you’ll get since you’ll have many servers almost everywhere in the world. However, it won’t be really helpful if a VPN server offers thousands of servers all in one region or few regions; that’s why a good distribution to the network is another thing to check.
- Trusted security features: A reliable VPN (such as Private Internet Access) service won’t expose your IP address or any of your information to third parties using the essential security features to maintain a secure internet connection. Similar features include 256-bit encryption, a kill-switch, and a true no-log policy, and it is recommended to choose a VPN service with RAM-based servers; RAM-based servers erase their saved data with each reboot. One more thing to check in terms of security is the available protocols. Avoid using VPN services that allow using PPTP or L2TP only since these two are not pretty secure.
- Speed: Avoid VPN services with a high drop speed rate, and since most VPNs offer a money-back guarantee, you can check your speed test before making up your mind on a certain service.
Online Money-Saving Tips
Saving money on a certain product doesn’t mean losing it in a different way, which means that you have to make sure that the difference in a certain product’s price is worth paying for a VPN service and, in some cases, for a shipping fee. You’ll also need to check the legality of a VPN service in your region. Briefly, here are some tips to save money on your online purchases:
- A lot of physical things won’t be worth the try. Still, when it comes to buying hardware from certain companies, like Apple or Windows, you will definitely notice that they offer their hardware for different prices in different countries. So, check the cost of the hardware that you want to buy in other regions, and compare them to find your perfect deal.
- You can also save much if you’re looking for software. Software companies, like Adobe, Windows, and IBM, offer their software products for a different price based on the region. IBM and Adobe, for example, offer their products for a relatively lower price in the US than in the European countries.
- Streaming services, such as iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Google play, offer different subscriptions free in other regions. According to vpnoverview.com, Netflix offered its subscriptions at a lower price than in the US, which means that Netflix users in the US can save a couple of dollars each month on their subscription.
In a nutshell, VPN services can successfully unblock the geo-restricted content and allow uncensored and private internet connections. But this is not all, and it also can be used to save money on your online purchases by changing your IP address based on the server you choose. However, check if the cost difference is really worth it or not.