How to Add a New Font
Adding a Google FontGo to Appearance > Customize > Typography > Load fonts. There, you need to specify 3 properties for your uploaded font:
- Font name – use the name of a preferred font from the Google Fonts directory, e.g.:
- Font family – specify a fallback font family, which is going to be used if your original font fails to load. As a rule, it should be the same as the family of the font you’re adding. Commonly used values: serif, sans-serif.
- Font styles (used for Google Fonts only) – here goes a comma-separated list of font styles and weights to load, e.g. 400,400italic,700.
Uploading a Custom Font
- Go to wp-content/themes/your-theme-name/css/font-face/ and create a new folder with the name of your font (without spaces).
- The new folder has to contain a @font-face kit, which would load your custom font on a webpage. Create it with the help of the Font Squirrel Generator.
- Make sure that the name of your new folder corresponds to the font-family value in the stylesheet.css.
- Go to Typography > Load fonts in the Customizer, enter the custom font details and save the changes.