How to Get Unique Website Name for a Travel Website
Creating a unique website name is essential, especially in the travel industry. It is the first thing that people see when they’re researching their potential trips and coming across your site.
You also need to make sure that your website name has not been used by anyone before, making sure it’s unique. No two websites should have the same website name. This is so visitors can find your website more easily.
Luckily, you can use a domain name checker tool like the one offered by Hostinger to check whether the name you want is available or not. If it’s not, the checker will usually provide unique alternatives that you can choose.
Alternatively, if you have a domain name that’s simply a must-have for your website, but is taken, use a WHOIS database lookup tool. It can help figure out who is the owner, for a chance to get in touch and negotiate a price.
Now I’ll explain a few steps to find a unique website name and get your travel website started. I’ll also give a few tips that you can follow to help you find the right website name for you.
Decide On A Travel Website Niche
The very first thing you need to do is define where your business will focus. Many travel agencies have very narrow niches or perhaps only one niche since it is easier to manage and do compared to becoming a general travel agency. You won’t be able to promote effectively and efficiently since there are too many niches to cover.
To help you find the right niche, here are some questions you should ask yourself:
- What are you passionate about – make a list of your travel experiences and favorite destinations to find your passion.
- Who do you want your clients to be – are you adhering to young couples, families, or a large group of people?
Here are some example of unique travel niches:
- Gastro-tourism – experience travel through authentic local foods.
- Wellness Travel – travel focusing on fitness and outdoor lifestyle.
- Bleisure – Combination of business and leisure activities.
Brainstorm Website Name Ideas
You’ve finally got your niche and have a great brand concept. You even have a name for your website, but sadly it’s not available. Well, it’s now time to get a little creative and do additional research to get a unique and memorable website name.
Here are some ways to help you find website name ideas:
- Do keyword research – there are plenty of free keyword tools online like the Google Keyword Planner to help you develop a list of keyword ideas.
- Find synonyms or alternative words – use the thesaurus or online tools like Related Words to find similar terms to the original idea you have.
- Add adjectives or other words – add eccentric words that are not on the focus space. For example, a baker can go with “Expressive Bread” as a website name, however, make sure it’s easy to pronounce and spell.
Check The Availability of Your Website Name
As mentioned in the introduction, you can use domain name checkers online for free to check whether or not the name you want is available or not.
If not, you can use the ideas that the tools will generate some suggestions for you. It might be something you didn’t expect or an alternative domain extension that might be a great fit.
Register Your Domain Name
Usually, domain name checkers will also offer you a chance to register the domain name of your choice with them. If not, you can also use web hosting services to register your domain as a part of creating your website.
Often, they’ll provide the domain name for free when you sign up for one of their web hosting services for a long-term commitment. The general process of buying a domain name is relatively simple:
- Find the right domain name.
- Add to cart/checkout of the registrar.
- Pay for the domain name.
Start Your Website
You’ll need web hosting to start your website. It’s a service that hosts and stores your website on a server. Without it, your website will not be accessible to the public.
There are plenty of web hosting providers available, each offering different benefits. You should take your time to choose the right one and do extensive research and comparison before deciding on a web host because you’re likely to use it for a long time.
Once you do get a web host, the next step is to start creating a website. Usually, web hosts will have website builders to help you get started. Alternatively, you can always opt for the world’s most used CMS – WordPress. Don’t forget to create pages and content on your site. You should also add an online store to sell your travel plans.
After all that is done, just hit the publish button, and you’ve successfully created your travel website!
Tips On Choosing A Unique Website Name For Travel Sites
Here are some good-to-know tips that will significantly help you when creating your website name:
- Choose a travel-related domain.
- Keep it short and memorable.
- Make it easy to pronounce.
- Use keywords in your domain name.
- Make it unique and brandable.
- Use domain extensions that communicate your niche.
Hopefully, you now know how to get a unique website name for your travel website. I also gave a brief description of creating a website, so you get a gist of what awaits you next after picking a domain name. Let’s recap on the five steps mentioned here:
- Decide On A Travel Website Niche
- Brainstorm Website Name Ideas
- Check The Availability of Your Website Name
- Register Your Domain Name
- Start Your Website!
Remember the tips I gave you. They can help narrow down your choices in creating a website name. This will help shorten your time thinking about which name is the best.